Consultations are by appointment and can be booked in person or over the telephone during opening hours.
- Pre-bookable - we have a percentage of pre-bookable appointments that can be booked up to 2 weeks in advance. These appointments are available during early morning, afternoon or evening surgeries.
- On the day - the remaining appointments can only be booked by phoning on the day you need to be seen. Please telephone as early as possible (lines open at 08:00) as the demand can be high.
- Evening surgeries - these are available once a week either on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening with one nurse and one doctor providing appointments, the nurse for just over one and a half hours and the doctor for just over one and a half hours. We hope that these appointments will be most useful for patients who work during the day.
- Telephone Consulting- The Doctors also provide telephone consultations by appointment, which are suitable for things which do not require an examination, such as discussing test results, response to change of medication, renewal of a prescription that is not on repeat etc. This can save travel time and inconvenience for the patient. Please provide current phone number and keep line free so the doctor can call you. Telephone appointments are scheduled for 10 minutes.
- Need to be seen urgently? For urgent medical assistance please call for an emergency appointment
- Appointment length Routine doctor's appointments are booked for 10 minutes, telephone appointments for 10 minutes. Please bear this in mind. If you have several different things to discuss with the doctor it might be necessary to book a further appointment, rather than rush through things or keep the next patients waiting for too long. If you know in advance something will take a while please ask about a double appointment, although this may not always be possible.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.